Monday, November 17, 2008

Translation

Early in the morning one Sunday ago we decided to go for a drive into our backyard. Which is the beautiful forests of the pacific northwest. A fifteen minute drive will take you into what a local news reporter called "the gateway to isolation". It's green and wet and full of colorful leaves, the forest that is, not Caveman's beard......well, most of the time it's not. It's time to get everyone ready to go and as usual Caveman is ready in 10 minutes. As I am searching for clothes, diapers, toys, water bottles, snacks, a shot of whiskey, coats, boots, blanket and pacifier, Caveman says he will go start the car. Which translates to:

"I am going to sneak out of the house so I don't have to help you. Okay?"


We next come to a little waterfall where I want to stop and take some pictures. I am trying to get better at taking photos so I keep asking Caveman to stop so I can hop out into the mist and point and click at a pine cone or a rock or maybe a pretty weed.



Awwwee ain't she purty. The path I took was fraught with danger. No, not really. It was a little steep and muddy, nothing I wasn't use too. I take a few shots and turn back and then I see this.




When I asked "What arrrre you doin' ?" He said, "I just wanted to get you on video." Which translates to:

" I was hoping I might catch you slip and fall so I can have it on replay for the rest of my life."

Up and up we go, because out here you are either going up or down. I see a good spot for a picture and yell stop. Slowly we come to a halt. I look at Caveman wondering why he stopped so slowly and he says " the brakes are gone." Which translates to:

"Somethings wrong with the brakes, I still have some, but not all. We can make it back home just fine. I just wanted to freak you out."

Needless to say that it worked.

1 comment:

C-ingspots said...

Hi again Katie!! You silly girl - you've got me laughing because I would react a little more strongly than freaked out at the brake thing - I would FREAK OUT!! and then he might regain enough control to tell me he was just kidding...that's what they get for trying to scare us!! You funny...